2018 Dodge Journey vs. 2018 Dodge Durango
2.4L four-cylinder engine
3.6L Pentastar® V6 engine
19 mpg/city, 25 mpg/highway
EPA-Estimated Fuel Efficiency
19 mpg/city, 26 mpg/highway
When you think of Dodge, you think of tough and ready to go. Both the 2018 Dodge Journey and 2018 Dodge Durango are tough, spacious SUVs built to transport your whole family from school to work to weekend fun in St. Charles. While they are both Dodge SUVs, they have some different features and specs that make them worth comparing. We’re looking at the Dodge Journey vs. Dodge Durango to help you choose the right SUV for your crew.
Dodge Interior Features
- Seating: Both Dodge SUVs seat up to seven passengers and have third-row seating for everyone to ride comfortably around Lombard.
- Infotainment: The Dodge Journey offers a standard 4.3-inch touchscreen, and higher trims have the the Uconnect® 3 NAV with an 8.4-inch touchscreen. The Dodge Durango provides a standard 7-Inch touchscreen, or opt for the the Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4-inch touchscreen on higher trims.
- Cargo Space: The Dodge Journey has a maximum cargo capacity or 67.6 cubic feet, and the Dodge Durango has a maximum of 84.5 cubic feet of cargo space.
- Base Engine: The Dodge Journey runs on a standard 2.4L four-cylinder engine or an optional 3.6L Pentastar® V6 engine, which gets more than 500-highway miles per tank of gas. The Dodge Durango is equipped with the 3.6L Pentastar® V6 engine as standard or an available 5.7L HEMI® V8 engine.
- Fuel Efficiency: When the Journey is equipped with the standard engine, it gets up to an EPA-estimated 19 mpg/city and 25 mpg/highway. The Dodge Durango gets a similar fuel efficiency with up to an EPA-estimated 19 mpg/city and 26 mpg/highway.
- Fuel Capacity: The Journey offers a 20.5-gallon fuel tank capacity, and the Durango fuel tank has a capacity of 24.6 gallons.
- Towing: The Journey towing capacity is 1,000 pounds, and the Durango max towing capacity is 8,700 pounds, depending on the trim level and engine you choose for your Naperville towing needs.
Choosing Between the Dodge Durango or Dodge Journey
The Dodge Journey has an starting price of $22,995 MSRP, and the Dodge Durango starts at $29,995 MSRP, so the Journey is the more affordable SUV option. But if you need more power and storage space, opt for the Durango. Test drive the Dodge Durango and test drive the Dodge Journey at DuPage Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM in Glendale Heights, and contact us with any questions.
New Dodge Journey Inventory
New Dodge Durango Inventory