How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
Just how much can a RAM 1500 tow? The 2019 RAM 1500 towing capacity maxes out at 12,750 lbs. The new 1500 is the strongest version that’s ever been seen in the St. Charles area, and it’s offering significant improvements over the 2018 model in fuel economy, frame strength, weight, and performance. What’s more, it’s towing capacity is now Best-in-Class* among light-duty pickup trucks with V8 engines! Find out what sets it apart by exploring its engine options and capabilities below.
Ram 1500 Engines & Capacities
Drivers who choose the 2019 RAM 1500 will receive a Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission no matter which configuration they settle on, but they’ll have the option to select any of this pickup’s three available high-performance engine options. Here’s what each is bringing to the table:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque
- 205 hp
- 269 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum Towing Capability – 7,730 pounds
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine
- 395 hp
- 410 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum Towing Capability – 11,610 pounds
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque
- 395 hp
- 410 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum Towing Capability – 12,750 pounds
Depending on the trim, payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
Advanced Features, Easier Towing
The 2019 RAM 1500 offers plenty of power, but when it comes to towing, it works smarter, and not just harder, in order to move you forward. Whether you’re hauling cargo through Naperville or pulling a camper out past Downers grove, the following standard and available features will make your job a whole lot easier:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: The RAM 1500 includes an 8-speed TorqueFlite® transmission that makes your drives more efficient. Along with the eTorque mild hybrid system, this technology works to get you 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway when you’re behind the wheel.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The Ram 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes, so you’ll enjoy superior stopping power on crowded city streets and winding highways alike.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: the 2019 RAM 1500 lets you enjoy all-around awareness. This available safety system constantly scans your periphery, and even accounts for trailer length, in order to keep you out of harm’s way.
Test Drive the 2019 Ram 1500 at DuPage Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM in Glendale Heights!
The 2019 RAM 1500 towing capacity and performance specs make it a pickup truck like no other, and it compares well to fierce competitors like the Chevrolet Silverado. Ultimately, there isn’t any written description that could give a full answer to the question, “how much can a RAM 1500 tow?” If you really want to understand what makes it one-of-a-kind, you’ll need to experience this pickup for yourself! Ready to drive a truck that won’t hold you back? Contact us today to schedule your test drive.
*Class based on Light-Duty pickups.
More on the Ram 1500
RAM trucks have always ranked among the best vehicles in their segment, and today, they’re delivering more than ever before. Everywhere it goes, the 2019 RAM 1500 impresses drivers and critics alike! Our neighbors in the Naperville region are no exception, and every day, more folks are waking up to notice this pickup’s best-in-class* towing…
Going off-road is a lot more fun when you’re prepared and know what you’re doing. These off-roading tips are just what you need to cover all the bases. If you’re looking at off-road vehicles, DuPage Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM is ready to bring you up to speed. Contact Us Scout the Terrain You never want…
Contact Us The latest RAM 1500 is the strongest model yet with a best-in-class V8 towing of 12,750 pounds! Add in the max payload of 2,300 pounds and tough features like the off-road packages and advanced 4×4 systems, and you have a world-class truck that will thrill drivers from St. Charles to Naperville. RAM 1500…